Positions are now available for doctors to work and train in England. A new 12-month program, combining general practice and psychiatry, could help you develop the skills and competences to apply to the specialty training program upon completion. So what are you hoping to expect?
- Live in vibrant cities or beautiful rural locations
- Train in different settings including hospitals or the community
- Starting salary of over £30,000
What is WAST?
The Widening Access to Specialty Training (WAST) scheme is a 12-month program based in England that will typically involve:
- Up to 12 months in acute hospital specialities with potentially 4-6 months in psychiatry
- Two week taster session in a GP practice
- Taster sessions in a mental health setting if required
It's ideal for doctors wanting to become a general practitioner or psychiatrist in England, as it's an opportunity to work for a year in England while receiving regular teaching and clinical . . .