Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Raj
      Participant

I need suggestion regarding GMC full registration( I already have my sponsor and only thing needs to be done now is GMC registration). I did finish my MBBS in 2006 from my Home country and my post graduation from Philippines in 2014. GMC is asking me to explain about how I was able to work in medical capacity without being registered with medical authority in Philippines. As I did residency training there under the discretion of hospital but without being registered with their Medical authority. Beside that, during that time Regulatory authority in Philippines did not have particular rule for foreign doctors training in Philippines. Post residency, I have completed their exit exam and registered in their Internal Medicine Society as well. What would be the best way to be able to explain GMC that I did active clinical work for 3 years in Philippines without being registered?

Ibrahim Ivan
      Keymaster

If you didn’t have registration but allowed to work, your employer will just have to explain why in an employer reference form.

Ibrahim Ivan
      Keymaster
      Saleem
      Participant

Hi, I am a MRCP (uk) qualified physician , currently working in UAE . I did my internship for one year with 6 months in anesthesiology and 6 months in medicine. My question is , do GMC consider anesthiosology internship equivalent to surgery as per their requirement. I will be thankful for your guidance.

Nir
      Participant

Hi everyone!!
      I am about to apply for GMC registration with an acceptable post graduate qualification.
      The GMC says we need 60% of total duration from graduation to be in clinical practice .
      I have been working mostly in part time jobs( 4 hrs ) as I was enrolled in MD non residency course in Bangladesh and had several xams to write along with family responsibilities.
      My question is , will my clinical practice amount to 60% required time in clinical practice with my part time jobs? Will my course curriculum in MD count towards clinical practice too?
      Your feedback would be much appreciated!!
      Thank you!!

Rubina Baloch
      Participant

<span style=”color: #222222; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small;”><span style=”caret-color: #222222;”>hi ,I moved to uk in feb 2019 on settlement visa.my husband is a uk citizen ,so if I apply for gmc registration shall I choose yes in options in applications stating EC rights or no ? and can I start the registration process before Plab</span></span>

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu