Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      DrSAS
      Participant

Hello
      I am IMG and did post graduate full time degree of Masters Clinical Science taught program one year in UK. Any exemption in my case?
      Please clarify. Thank you

Ibrahim Ivan
      Keymaster

Hello,

No exemption for you in terms of PLAB or GMC registration, as your Primary Medical Qualification was not taught in an English speaking country.

But, you won’t have to worry about IELTS for your Tier 2 visa.

I hope I answered your question.

DrSAS
      Participant

Thank you so much for useful information.
      Is it necessary to attempt IELTS first after that Plab1.
      Secondly, my Masters Degree is in Clinical Dermatology from Uk that will make any difference after completing Plab /GMC to get into system for instance designation.
      Thank you ?

Ibrahim Ivan
        Keymaster

Yes. You will have to have required score in IELTS/OET first and only then you can book PLAB 1.

Please have a look here, How to plan for IELTS/OET and PLAB 1.

Your designation depends on which job you apply for. For your very first job, it is advisable to start with SHO level (FY2/CT1-2) level job.

Then with enough UK experience, you move onto registrar level job on the basis of your master’s degree.

Your master’s degree will also bring points to your training application. For that please read, Postgraduate diploma and masters degree in the UK.

Good luck!

musycla2
      Participant

Hi, everyone, it’s my first time in the forum. I have a question for Dr. Ibrahim. You say in your IELTS post that you used Simon’s lectures to prepare for IELTS, in the videos He suggests making a plan for Writing Task 2. My question is: where do I write down that plan? Do the examiners provide or allow for an extra sheet that I can use for that purpose or should I do this in my mind? Thank you very much in advance.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu