- January 12, 2019 at 7:58 AM #3737Rahul KaushikParticipant
Hello, recently I have been selected for Medical Training Initiative (MTI) in Wales (United Kingdom)
I am General surgeon from India, have some queries regarding future prospects if I think to settle abroad.
1) MTI 2 year training, what after 2 years, what will I do than.
2) MTI + MRCS two years down the lane, what future prospects will I have than
I know I have to leave UK after 2years following MTI.
- January 12, 2019 at 11:12 AM #3738Ibrahim IvanKeymaster
Hello congratulations for getting selected.
1. After MTI you will have to apply for non-trainee middle grade jobs in the NHS if you want to continue working in the UK.
2. The scope of being a specialty doctor or senior clinical fellow in your field
Also if you keep trying for ST3 training, gaining the core competencies while you are in MTI, you can end up being a consultant finishing the training route.
- April 7, 2019 at 3:44 AM #4136Trina D’SouzaParticipant
Hello Ibrahim and Rahul,
I have a similar query, I’ve been selected for through the MTI and placed in a hospital, I’m a psychiatrist.
In the two years that I’m there can I do my mrcPsy and continue to work there? What is the non-trainee middle grade job you referred to and when can I become a speciality doctor?
- August 10, 2019 at 4:05 PM #6002
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.